PowerShell for Offense and Defense - Online Training
Trainer: Ben Ten
Skill Level: Students with a basic understanding of PowerShell and its functions
Whether you are a penetration tester or a defender, there is one common tool that is used very heavily by both teams; PowerShell. PowerShell has grown to be an organizations best friend and potentially it’s worst enemy. In this course, we will demonstrate how you can use PowerShell both as a penetration tester and as a defender. We will identify ways to attack a lab environment and then how you can use PowerShell to detect those attacks. We will also look at ways to use PowerShell as a deceptive defense. This class is designed for students to be immersed in a simulated corporate environment that allows students to attack and detect against those attacks. This class will cover tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) commonly used by penetration testers and will demonstrate ways to identify those indicators of compromise (IoCs) all within PowerShell.
This course qualifies for 14 hours of CPE credit hours.
Overview / Course Syllabus:
• Offensive Discovery
• Target Selection
• Lab 3
• Common Defense
• Detections with Event Logs
• ELK and PowerShell
• Paths of Least Resistance
• Lab 4
• Learn both offensive and defensive techniques specifically with PowerShell
• Improve your understanding of detection capabilities
• Identify automation tips and tricks using PowerShell
• Learn ways to penetration test only using PowerShell
Who Should Take This Course:
• Penetration Testers
• System Administrators
• Anyone looking to strengthen their offensive and defensive knowledge
• A lab environment with a windows VM for students to use with their offensive and defensive PowerShell scripts.
• Free scripts, tools, and custom code to help understand offense and defense using PowerShell.
• All presentation slides and a course handout with all of the commands.
• Internet Connection
• Web Browser to access Student Lab
• Web Camera
• Headphones and Mic
$1,500 per student
*Contact us for a military discount and group pricing (3 or more students).