RESPOND FROM TOP TO BOTTOM THE RIGHT WAY
Building resiliency means proper planning and practice of the interrelated people, processes, and technology.
An organization’s response to an incident will determine the overall impact, whether the incident is something as common as a phishing email, or something less common, like as a reportable breach. An effective Incident Response program consists of many elements, all of which are interdependent.
A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH
TrustedSec will review the current Incident Response program to determine its effectiveness. This will include an evaluation of the following:
- Organizational roles and responsibilities, including management within and outside of IT and Information Security
- The Incident Response team structure
- Policies and procedures related to Incident Response Plans and Planning
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements
- Program elements that affect Incident Response, including logging, monitoring, etc.
- Escalation procedures
- Notification processes, both internal and external
- Forensic capabilities, whether internal or through a third-party
- Logging and monitoring processes
- System and software inventory policies and processes
- Post-incident and lessons learned processes